Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 10:26 PM   #130 (permalink)
Key

MediEvil: Childhood to Remaster

Sometimes the most amazing things can happen within the gaming community. Great games come out that meet game of the year expectations, and at the same time, some of those games are remasters of games from years prior.

The whole remaster thing has been done a lot but in most cases, it's done pretty well. Take Spyro and Crash Bandicoot for example. Both phenomenal franchises and on top of that, great remasters. I've only played a fair bit of the Crash Bandicoot remaster, but I've heard nothing but great things about Spyro. Will need to pick that up at some point.

So now, what I'm here to talk about is MediEvil. It was originally released back in 1998 for the Playstation. At the time, my cousin was the only person that had a Playstation so we'd play his from time to time. MediEvil was one of the games we played a lot of. Unfortunately, we only had the demo so we could only play so much. But then we did eventually get the complete game. It's just your typical hack n slash adventure style game. But it has a lot of uniqueness and charm that really sets it apart. The game being remastered has not taken any of that charm or character away, instead it's added more and I'm enjoying this game more than I ever have. That could also be due to the fact that I'm older, but still.

MediEvil is one of those games that I don't feel hit too many people's radars due to it being on the Playstation when it was originally released. Maybe that's just my own opinion since I didn't really hear a lot of people talk about it back then. But, I will say that if you've heard about this game and want an excuse to play it, get the remaster. It's worth it. I'm having a blast reliving a childhood game and that's honestly all I could ask for in this remaster.

Last edited by Key; 11-03-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote