Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 10:12 AM   #24129 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I never said that.
Well since it seemed to me you ruled out poor people (those without sugar)and wealthy people(those born with sugar), the only group i could think of who "know how to make sugar but typically realize it's rigged" are people who started off poor but made something of themselves. Where did I go wrong?

Quote:
I never said anything about giving up hope. Just that I'm sick of privileged people telling me that I don't have a right to feel ****ty about my situation.
Oh, I think you actually should feel somewhat ****ty about your situation, if you don't like where you are.

Making lemonade would be taking some of those ****ty feelings and using then as motivation to maybe do something differently to improve your situation.

That's the ideal.. it's easier said than done and it's not going to work every time you try it. But it's the best ideal you can strive for to try to make things better.

There's no magic solution. I think people misinterpret my ethos as saying pull yourself up your bootstraps and you'll be successful and happy in no time. If only that were true.

Instead it's focus on small goals and incremental progress that you can actually manage, and then take the time to appreciate the pragmatic differences in your life that manifest from this.

It works for me. It's about the only thing that's ever worked. But it's far from perfect and far from a get rich quick scheme.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote