Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 07:12 PM   #19294 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Yea they have that bias.. but we're still more self conscious than most countries are.. and definitely more than was normal ~70 years ago when we were burning entire cities to the ground with out a hint of remorse

Chomsky is right about America... But he ignores most of the rest of the world and pretends that because we're the most powerful we're just uniquely evil
Self conscious lol. We give no more of a **** about what happens to people in the Middle East than people in the Middle East give a **** about what happens in America. Give me a button that will save the lives of 100 people in the Middle East who would needlessly die in one of America's military ventures but I die in their place and I will stare at that button as a moral abstraction that means nothing to me. Show me pictures of all 100 people who would be saved at the price of my life and it wouldn't mean much more. Sit me down for a year and explain to me the lives of all those people, their friends, their family, their likes, their dislikes, their goals, their beliefs, what they're doing, what they've done, and then maybe it might start to sink in the moral question before me. But American media doesn't provide even a fraction of that kind of understanding of what we're doing throughout the world or even to our own people. It's just TV.

I've been saying it for years. Human beings are not capable of emotionally or intellectually understanding a world of 7 billion people and how they all interact. There's no moral mountain to climb with all of this ****. There's simply too much to understand for the human brain and nihilism is the only result.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote