Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #19479 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
This is where we're having a fundamental disconnect

the premise is that killing him will definitely lead to less suffering. So saying you will cause unnecessary suffering as the reason not to do it is going back on the premise once again.
It's not going back on the premise because you're ignoring the part where I said I would if they were dependent on my choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
1) Cool. Me neither.
2) Can you quantify 'prevented'? Prevented what? More suffering? How much more? What kind? Bullet to the brain or death by 1,000 cuts?
3) Ability to kill themselves?
4) I robbed my kid of the choice of running into the street. Did they suffer?
2) Read the scenario JWB cooked up and you'll get it.

3) Yes.

4) But that's different because your child's lack of awareness makes them dependent on you. Euthanasia would also be robbing somebody of choice but that person lacks the ability to decide there for they are dependent on me to decide for them and I already support that.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote