Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate Reborn
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #166 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
It has a problem with colour tags now
The type of tag is not relevant unless it's a youtube or image tag. It's any bracket [ ] next to a parenthesis ( ) that causes the problem.

Quote:
Vocal reminds me somewhat of Beefheart

Quote:
Frame by Frame: I suppose I would have to say I love the guitar work here, given that it’s Fripp, wouldn’t I? Well, no I wouldn’t. But I do. It’s ****ing amazing, and I fully endorse his reputation as a guitar legend. This is a more straight-forward song than the opener, Adrian Belew has a voice that I feel would have fit in very well with the Alan Parsons Project. In fact, both they and Genesis must have listened to Crimson, as I can hear elements of at least this song in both their later work. Really good stuff. Something of an abrupt ending though, which is a little jarring.
A lot of the guitarwork that you're hearing on that track is the great Tony Levin on the chapman stick.

Quote:
I’m not crazy about the lyric here
King Crimson has never been anything to write home about lyrically, but Belew's lyrics are insanely cringey. The lyrics to Model Man off of Three of a Perfect Pair (which, if you enjoyed this, you should check out) is basically Live, Laugh, Love for progheads.

Quote:
Love

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote