Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #1252 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
That video helped me realize that "fear of abandonment" for example can manifest in a variety of ways, it doesn't look the same for everyone. I was feeling like the diagnosis didnt fit but the more examples she gave it became more like I was categorizing my lifelong behaviors into different BPD traits rather than wracking my brain trying to think of a time I showed "Fear of AbandonmentTM."
I worried for a bit last summer that my friends were going to die and I went into a panic mode and then a psychotic breakdown, which I've experienced multiple times. I take heartbreak very seriously and bawl my eyes out at the thought of people leaving me. I could come up with myriad stories at each checklist so it's safe to say that video rung a bell lol. Sorry to hear you can relate and I share my condolences, as well as advice I've learned from DBT group. When you're anxious try the TIPP acronym: temperature (this can be putting your hands under warm or cold water or stepping outside) intensive exercise, pressure, and paced breathing. Also learn grounding skills; one of the main components of DBT is mindfulness, in which you notice thoughts that could be perceived as bad, paranoid, unreal, or harmful and think that you're thinking those thoughts and that they're okay. If you're in the middle of a psychotic breakdown or a bout of anger or unregulated emotions the TIPP method can also be useful.

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote