Music Banter - View Single Post - Not quite about sploshing.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
so is this supposed to be a comedy song or not? If you're going for a more serious, darker feel (which would support any kind of canabalistic undercurrents you want to go with) I'd suggest reworking the bridge. The first line "when you're covered in food" is definitely comical. You could almost go with it as more of an allegory throughout the entire song, kind of allude to the whole food thing but not actually say "i want to stir fry you and slather syrup on you".
I want it to be semi-comedic, so not a nose-honking, nudge-in-the-ribs kind of comedy, but more a kind of fun lyric, but with a slightly disturbing tinge.

I'm not even sure if its possible, but I'll try and will be prepared to fail totally.

EDIT: I'm not sure how clear my intentions for the song are, its to be...

1. The DEFINITE THEME for the song is about eating food OFF OF ANOTHER PERSONS BODY. Not eating them, or bits of them, but eating foodstuffs off of their skin.
2. The undercurrent to it is that its giving you the idea of carrying on beyond the foodstuffs and actually biting into their flesh, and eating them, or having them eating you. I only want to allude to this gently though, so that I can easily say the song is entirely about eating food off of a person and nothing to do with actually eating them.

For me, point 1 is included in seriousness as I do think eating food off other people is a good thing (ahem)... point 2 is just put in as a disruptive joke. But I want to make it sound like their both considered fun things...

Pretty complicated for a short song and I don't really have the talent to pull it off, but you've got to have dreams.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote