Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #12338 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Bro, get off that **** and grab deez Pokeballs. You would like modern Pokemon more than anyone. It's a min/maxers wet dream

Right off the bat, you've got hundreds of characters to build into teams, each with a ****ing gigantic movepool that you have to somehow funnel into just four slots

Then you've got base stats, IVs (variances in base stats that are assigned when you first encounter a mon), EVs (permanent stat boosts that you get from fighting specific mons), abilities (inherent powers that affect things in hilariously unpredictable ways, each species usually has a few that they can potentially have), hidden abilities (don't ask), egg moves (certain techniques that can only be learned through mating certain mons together), etc.

And don't even get me started on held items, they ramp the variable factor up to ****ing eleven. Even just the Choice items, which boost certain stats by a huge 50% but restrict you to using just one move, will drive you insane in competitive play

You can spend weeks planning out just one team of three Pokemon for Super Singles. And then get completely swept by your enemy's very first mon 'cause they hit you with a Trick Room that you didn't expect, or threw out a weird-ass cross type that you didn't prepare for

It's like a game of chess, only you get to make your own pieces, and they all move in such insanely bizarre yet specific ways that it'd make Deep Blue bust a circuit and a nut
That does sound amazing but when im not playing UO im on Minecraft or Overwatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote