Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #4244 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Lol don't be Lavrentiy Beria here. What specific "thing" do you think Trump should be strung up on? The border stuff? Saying mean things to Nancy Pelosi on Twitter? Climate change denial? Criminal justice reform?
There are a lot of war crimes and domestic transgressions that we could pin on Trump, but abusing his power in order to get foreign powers to further his own political means is worthy of the guillotine imo. You say Biden did it too? Let's chop him too, but let's keep due process in play and address that in a separate trial. In a perfect world, this will be the start of the government holding itself accountable for it's actions but we both know that ain't gojna happen. Tump's corrupt behaviour is not contingent on Biden's corrupt behaviour and to think otherwise is just breathless partisanship.

If I had to put odds on it, I'd say there's a 40% chance of Trump being removed from office in this impeachment trial. I'm not interested in being "realistic" enough to think that his unethical behaviour is acceptable because of what other scum**** politicians did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
If they're trying to impeach Trump over Ukraine, they should be focusing in on his usage of Rudy Guilliani and the whole "shadow policy" thing and not the alleged quid pro quo. But they don't want to pick a poison and stick with it.
Yes, do both! Why are you using examples of blatant corruption as a counterargument to the prospect of holding government officials for corruption? Dumb **** like that makes people more critical of your stances, not the "Trump derangement syndrome" that talk show radio hosts warned you of.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote