Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 06:56 AM   #66106 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ I'm quoting this because I occasionally wonder about time. Anyone have any clever ideas about what it is? Sometimes it's labelled "a fourth dimension" and it's clearly important because nothing exists without it, but does anyone really know how or why one second ticks over into the next ?

I know elphenor was talking about different stuff like aspirations and memories, but his statement could also be rephrased like this:-

People can never go back because time never goes backwards - and theoretically people don't have to do anything except sit and wait because the future is gonna come to them anyway, regardless.
(That last part is an empirical result that you can confirm for yourself. To conduct the experiment at home you will need: one watch, one armchair.)
Time is fascinating. As you said, it differs from spatial dimensions in that it only can go in one direction, and that is linked to causality, but is causality an effect of the one direction of time, or does causality have a deeper cause and is the way time behaves an effect of it in order to comply? Why do we have one dimension doing this weird stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote