Music Banter - View Single Post - My favourite "alternative" sub-genre.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Default My favourite "alternative" sub-genre.

seeing as 99% of this indie forum has bored the hell out of me recently, im going to talk about the small movement of music i like and hopefully share opinions on it. the scene im talking about is the new-wave, art-punk (yes, genres are ridiculous), bands influenced by bands such as PIL, gang of four, wire and acid rock. music that characteristically contains a frenetic drum beat, menacing, deep bass-lines and angular, dark psychedelic chord progressions. get that idea of franz ferdinand straight out of your head because that isnt the type of music im talking about at all. more popular bands this could perhaps be likened to is art brut, 80s matchbox b-line disaster and possibly be your own pet..though that is a loose comparison.

some of the bands im talking about are:

Neils Children
Twisted Charm
the Horrors
the Go Naturals
Wretched Replica
Blah Blah Blah
whirlwind heat

its a predominantly underground london scene, the only coverage these bands are getting at the moment is in flyers and myspace, and though this type of music is never going to appeal to a mass audience, i personally find it marvellous.

so, is there anyone who shares my interest in this, are is interested in finding out more about it?
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote