Music Banter - View Single Post - Ego Tripping
Thread: Ego Tripping
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 09:08 AM   #395 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
I never thought of MCT (Marine Combat Training), SOI (school of infantry), or a POG (person other-than grunt) school as "Marine school" but thats an interesting description of them. lol Bootcamp is more "Marine school" because it focuses on traditions and basic weapons like a saw or m16

Marines in non-0300 MOS's (jobs) go to MCT, and infantry MOS's (0300's) go to a much longer training because its their job once they get to their unit. After MCT for POG's, they go to a MOS school, that can last up to a year sometimes if its military police. I was an 0352 in the infantry.

Congrats to your brother, the Marine Corps is a great organization
I really don't know anything about it but I'm learning! If only so I can keep up with his jargon when I see him at the end of the month lol. As far as I know this was boot camp, not sure what exactly is next for him, but he flies home (to wyoming) today and will be there until the new year at least.

He's definitely more of a boots on the ground kind of guy, I'm not sure how much you're able to choose your own path when serving, but obviously I would love it if he went into something more administrative or computer sciencey haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote