Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #1684 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
- The personal relationships I've made here are real. I have true friends from this message board.

- True emotions have definitely come out on this board and I've had heart to heart conversations with a few members where I felt like I was the only outlet they had and vice versa.

- I totally understand how bad habit forms from prolonged internet usage and that in itself can be detrimental to somebody growing as a person and that includes internet forums such as these.

However, I will never understand how a few assh*les talking on the internet can have such a profound impact on the general health of of people. We are NOT that important or profound enough to generate that kind of reaction.

Maybe I'm not being sensitive enough but the people who need to take breaks from this place I feel need to take breaks from the internet in general and use this place as an excuse.

EDIT: The "never" above shouldn't really be there but I'll leave it in. WWWP mentioned below something I didn't really think of.
I didn't decide to take a break. That's not quite in my nature, being an addict. A break was forced. I enjoyed the break. Made me rethink things.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote