Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 07:16 AM   #1085 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ I've often wondered what a post like this actually means, so now seems like a good time to ask.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Although I would've liked a different result as I trust BoJo less than other Brit politicians, I share a sense of relief that at last there is a significant majority backing one party.

Ever since the famous referendum the UK has struggled with that bugbear of democracy: no clear mandate to head in one direction. It's been like four drivers fighting over the gearstick of a car, the only result being that the car stalls. At least now we may move off in a specific direction, even if, as Batlord mentions, the UK will, along the way, become the BUK - Broken Up Kingdom.
Actually it sounds like the anti-Brexit voters were a majority but got their votes split so it's not really a mandate. I don't know that it will matter at this point though cause Labour just done got pushed out of the car on the highway.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote