Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 12:47 PM   #308 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock View Post
That's what I'm saying should we stray away from using gendered language towards the bird and does fellow in a sociological sense adhere to masculine gendered language?
If you use fellow as an adjective it doesn't infer gender. e.g. My fellow co-worker/associate. In that instance co-worker doesn't imply gender, and neither does "fellow."

However when it come to "fellow" used as a noun I don't know case where "fellow" is paired off with a counterpart, like for instance with ladies and gentlemen.

"Bird" is typically British. No one really uses it that I know, except for a very small few and when they do they always have to point out the fact that's what they call females in England.

Since "fella" isn't Spanish and so don't listen to Frownland about applying Spanish grammar rules to English words. If anything "fella" would translate in Spanish to "compañero" or perhaps loosely translates to "amigo."

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote