Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Green Day Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 11:27 PM   #938 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSurfer
wrong. KISS invented the stage show.
Nope, Pink Floyd baby.

I believe they were the first band to take laser lights at concerts to the next level, feature huge props on stage and have a large projecting screen in the background, so when they were playing there would be animation clips, among other things...They were the very first band to do this, i believe.

Quote:
KISS invented four spotlights on each guy doing a guitar solo, a drum solo, a presentation.
Im pretty damn sure Yes did that before KISS did...And unlike KISS, Yes can actualy solo.

Quote:
Th emost in demand techs working in the industry belonged to KISS. If you did lights or pyro or sound for KISS, you were the best in the world.
Pink Floyd's light shows were better.

Quote:
dude, the Rolling Stones in 1977 had nothing in the way of a stageshow that KISS had. KISS invented the art of the touring rock band. They pioneered the logistics in how touring and album marketing was done.
Again, Pink fucking Floyd.

Quote:
They were the first band in the world to put there names and band logo on their guitar picks.
Wow how innovative, what great musicians they must be.

There is so much stuff KISS invented in rock concert promotion they are now the norm.

Quote:
KISS invented it. The best in the world, worked for KISS, not The Stones.

Yeah, but The Stones are still better.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote