Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 05:08 PM   #66826 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Can you break this down for me? Maybe with examples.
Alright I don't have examples for you because I'm talking about the basic way that humans view the world due to instinctual morality. Would you say that you've become to some extent disillusioned towards the world in general based on seeing so many instances of "bad things" happening to "good people" and "good things" happening to "bad people" as if there's some sort of universal karma that is not being satisfied by the way in which "justice" seems to be so arbitrary? It's totally reasonable in a naturalistic universe that this should occur since the only reason "bad things" would happen to "bad people" would be if they just so happen to fall afoul of human laws or if human moral culture just so happened to target these people. Otherwise nothing happens.

I think the basic way that god beliefs function is by targeting instances of human moral logic acting successfully as universal karma and extrapolating why human moral logic was objectively "winning" and making that seem the rule rather than happenstance, and looking at all the times human moral logic failed to punish perpetrators and explaining away that this wasn't really what it appeared to be or putting the moral onus on someone else (9/11 happened because of gay rights).

But in actuality theists and atheists are essentially running on the same system of instinctual morality but coming to different conclusions.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote