Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #1603 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
No one should be seeking advice here.
Exactly my point.

I don't know how to help myself, let alone others. Well, I try sometimes. We're not professionals, though. We suck.

Actually, I did find that meditation really helps with anxiety. I didn't share because I don't find a point in doing so, but I started getting really bad panic attacks after finally opening up about being sexually abused to my therapist and the only thing that's helped is getting drunk or meditation. Which, one is obviously the healthier option. I drank all of my humongous stash of beer in a month or two just to avoid panic attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
oh is that why it's always the husband that murdered the wife?
That's because men don't know how to deal with their emotions properly, mostly due to disgusting ideas of what being a man is about, so they find unhealthy outlets. Usually involving hurting women in some way. Misogyny really is rooted very deep into most modern cultures in subtle ways that often gets unnoticed. Like serial killers. It's usually a man killing women. Or the incel movement. Women don't have an incel movement like that. Donald Trump literally raped his ex-wife and the Republicans defending him started saying, "Weeellllll, technically it isn't rape because it's his wife." Bleh. I don't think I could ever understand the existential fear of being a female in this society. It's weird because we have this idea that masculinity = strength but the strongest people I've ever met were women. Meanwhile the men were emotional messes and abusive pieces of ****.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote