Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 05:29 AM   #1247 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Yesterday I wrote some music in the morning, went into town in the afternoon and went to the cinema in the evening (saw 'The Inside Man', very good). Went to some shops in town and spent quite a while trying to meet my friend (note to self, there are 3 H&Ms in Birmingham City Centre, you have to know which one and which floor to meet at!), bought a CD (Panic at the Disco) and DVD (This is Spinal Tap...get in!) and then we went to the cinema.

I also got chatted up by some random girl in a market shop. She walked directly to me from the opposite end of the shop - no invitation offered - said hi and then started asking me questions about my day and what I was doing that week. She asked me if I liked to paint easter eggs (wtf?!?!) and seemed quite pissed when my friend (who's a girl) came along with her purchases. She then started calling me Patrick (???) and insisted that I'd told her this was my name. I'm all for public flirtage, but that was just to weird...

And this morning I've been playing my guitar, more songwriting and watching Spinal Tap extras. Some of the extra scenes are fantastic - particularly one where the band go to the zoo.

Spinal Tap on gorillas: "As a race they have developed no baking skills.","The smaller monkeys are mainly bread eaters as well", "I know that if I was to get in some sort of fight (with a gorilla) that I could hold my own", "They can talk. A few words. 'Yes please', little things like that'", "They can talk, but they can't swear".

The DVD's worth it just for that.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote