Music Banter - View Single Post - I Heard It Through The Bookvine
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Rather unusually, I explained the idea of the thread in the OP. I naively imagined it would be full of other people's discoveries, although it has since turned into a journal in all but name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Sometimes a book that is not about music mentions a song or artist. When that happens to me, I briefly wonder what it sounds like, but don't usually follow up on it. Well, thanks to MB and Youtube, that's all gonna change from now on! I'm inviting people to post songs that are mentioned in the books they are reading. A little bit of info about the book and the scene would be interesting too.

I'm sure many of us read books about music, but I'd like the focus of this thread to be the songs mentioned in passing, preferably in non-music related books. I may be reading a biog of Justin Beiber, but I'm not going to mention his songs here. Instead I'm going to start with the following, which hopefully demonstrate how random this list of music could be.