Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Western Music Actually Interesting or Is It Just Picking Influence Off the $ Menu?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Default Is Western Music Actually Interesting or Is It Just Picking Influence Off the $ Menu?

I had to take stuff off the title to fit but is modern Western music actually interesting or is it just pampered artists picking influences off the dollar menu? People talk all day about the democratization of music and how it makes music better but is it just goofy white people assuming that choice means quality in the same way that goofy white people assume that choice in the market place makes for better products? Cause as far as I can tell all this choice just makes for an uninteresting smorgasbord of generic **** that no one cares about unless they're obsessed with the cultural minutiae of what artist is hot or not.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote