Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 04:00 PM   #67206 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Honestly when I see rising suicide rates and rising mass shootings (that are essentially hardcore suicides) I kinda think it's the human race realizing the nihilism of existence and responding accordingly in a sort of Lovecraftian loss of sanity in the face cosmic horror. When I see the majority of the human race around me who don't understand suicide they don't seem to be on a higher level of understanding than their suicidal peers, they just seem to be more cow-like and willing to accept the generic platitudes meant to keep them compliant and productive. And the smarter people just seem to be eating up the atheist platitudes that living in a world with no meaning just means that you have to make everything out of the time that you have, as if it's not just another desperate platitude. I'm really beginning to think that mass suicide by "**** it, launch the nukes" mentality will be the end result of human psychology.

I mean life's only purpose is to perpetuate life and yet it's reached a level where life sometimes just negates itself. WTF even is that?
Church

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote