Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 04:21 PM   #67227 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

It's just very simple, I think. There are two things adding up to a will to live: clinging to a misguided sense of meaning (yes, those are the people that would probably react in a negative way to anti-natalist stuff) and happiness. Having too little of either of those can make you suicidal, but having a certain amount of one or both makes you live on. Unhappy persons can live on if they fool themselves into thinking their life has some meaning; people who see life as meaningless and the world as doomed can live on if their brains make enough of the happy hormones or however that works. And the other way around, people who see meaning in life can be unhappy enough to end it. There is some correlation between those two things, but they are different things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote