Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 04:51 AM   #5902 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Thanks, WWWP, that's interesting to know - though according to his biographical details, I would've expected him to be sleeping at the beach with his friends to the sound of ambient trance music. Either that, or meditating on his own mysterious signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
tl;dr comes to mind

A lot of times ambitious writing like the example you posted gets glossed over because people don't feel invested enough in the source to put the effort in to read it all. You can get facts on any artist from quite a few already established sources that aren't just some random stranger's echoing of those facts on a forum.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
^ Yes, those are very good points indeed. Even since MB's early days attitudes to accumulating information have changed so much. Now that there is limitless stuff just a click away, I don't suppose many people use those genre guides etc, any more: besides, what poor fool is naive enough to come to MB expecting to learn anything?