Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 07:07 PM   #67693 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
A) You really don't know **** about Utah. LOL
and why should I

Quote:
B) I know more than that but I never made it a priority to count because that's weird.
.. you know you know more than that but you don't count... You just count enough to know it's more than that. Makes sense bro.

Quote:
Acting like knowing more black people is some kind of weird validation for being able to speak for them or on their behalf as if they are some kind of zoo animal that you've studied is weird and gross.
nah I just think white people tend to use modern identity politics to try to appear more woke by appearing to defend groups they don't speak for, don't belong to, and honestly have no real connection to.

Quote:
Never met a person that ever complained about my hair in person. Most people like it.

Also, going back to your thing about black people not getting mad at you for saying 'the blacks'. I know a lot of people pretend like things like that don't bother them because it's easier to avoid the conflict than to speak up about it. I've heard these confessions. Because people trust and like me enough to open up to me. So chances are, despite thinking you're the authority on a people and culture that you don't actually belong to because you think you know more than anybody else, they're probably running around behind your back thinking you're some racist **** they just tolerate.
funny how the second part of this quote clearly invalidates the first part. Maybe they were being polite by not telling you that braiding your hair like a cheap Zack de la Rocha look alike is cultural appropriation.

Last edited by jwb; 01-15-2020 at 07:12 PM.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote