Music Banter - View Single Post - Your 2019 in Music
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

What was your overall impression of 2019's music?
Probably the best year for music in the decade. Really starting to see a convergence of the underground with the mainsyream and I see a lot of new styles and sounds really popping up this year because of it.

What was your favourite album of 2019?
H.A.Q.Q by Liturgy (All My Heroes Are Cornballs by JPEGMAFIA is also a 10/10)

What was your least favourite album this year?
Nostalgia Critic’s The Wall

Which album did you listen to the most in 2019?
1000 Gecs by 100 Gecs

Who is your favourite new artist of 2019?
For bands that started in 2019: 100Gecs
For bands I discovered in 2019: p. rosa/Panda Rosa

What's your song of the year?
Peroxide by Ecco2k

Which genre(s) had the best releases this year?
Bubblegum Bass, Avant Soundcloud, Experimental Rock

Which genres (from any year) did you listen to the most in 2019?
Probably Experimental Hip Hop (Lo-NY and Avant SoundCloud specfically), but Glitch and Experimental Rock come close.

Have you found any new favourite artists or albums that weren't released in 2019 this year?
m a l i b l u e, Dean Blunt, The Brave Little Abacus, chrisTTT, Five Finger Posse

Did you pick up or leave behind any new tastes that might have surprised your past self?
It’s not really from this year specifically, but when I used to be super active on here I never would’ve thought I would have been so into Trap music and I’ve dropped a lot if the metal music I ised to listen to.

Did you see any shows? Which were the best ones?
Was broke as **** all year but Remo Drive was good.

If you make music, how have you evolved as an artist this year?
I mean just listen to Samsara compared to Birds Can Sing I’ve finally figured out the perfect balance for my music and have really worked on making it all a little cleaner while getting more experimental stylistically.

What was your biggest musical disappointment of 2019?
Brockhampton

Biggest musical surprise of the year?
Liturgy came back and dropped AOTD not that I was suprised they could make AOTD.

Have your listening habits changed at all this year? For better or for worse?
Got out of my conspiracy theorist right wing ******* thing and had a total life revelation and in doing so redicovered a firey love for music.

What are some albums from this year that you think we'll look back on as classics?
IGOR, All My Heroes Are Cornballs, HAQQ, No World As Good As Mine, 1000 Gecs, Bioconcrete.
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote