Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Musician Photos
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 06:27 AM   #385 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I like your pictures, Farewell. I also like the fact that you take the trouble to explain to everybody who it is we are looking at. (*ahem* Raime)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Great photos from the Rolling Thunder Revue posted here. Farewell: like Lisnaholic, I appreciate your descriptions as on first glance I thought John Prine was Captain Beefheart in that pic. Lisna: Love the photos of Joni/Roger/Bob and the “Bob”bsey Twins Baez and Dylan. I read an account of that party at Lightfoot’s home: Immediately after Joni/Roger/Bob rehearsed “Coyote” in the master bedroom (note bay windows and floral wallpaper!) and returned downstairs, Dylan and his sidekick Bob Neuwirth had a big fight about Dylan drinking only carrot juice and Neuwirth threw his black leather jacket into the fireplace, filling the entire house with thick clouds of black smoke. No regrets, Coyote – we just come from such different sets of circumstance.

“Coyote” is believed to be about Joni’s affair with writer Sam Shepard, who she met on the tour, and about the tour itself.

Privately probing the public rooms
And peeking through keyholes in numbered doors
Where the players lick their wounds
And take their temporary lovers
And their pills and powders to get them through this passion play.
No regrets, Coyote -
I'll just get off up aways

^ Thanks, ribbons! That's very interesting; I had no idea what Coyote was about. Time to give it another listen with your info in mind.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Yes, Ray Davies was def the most stylish of the Kinks.
Plenty of nice pics recently, and a touching, little known story about Brian Wilson and John Lennon. Great stuff.

Keith Moon is in one of the photos and he seems to've been quite a popular guy when musicians were having a wild night out. Here he is partying with
Ringo, Harry Nilson and Mickey Dolenz. Looks like "Moon the Loon" has a can of beer in his hand - but you don't get to be the Party Animal of Pop by drinking tea, girls