Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Musician Photos
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 10:28 PM   #386 (permalink)
Farewell
Music Addict

Great photo, Lisna. You probably already know this but for those who don't, those guys in that photo you posted were part of a drinking club that called themselves The Hollywood Vampires, which was formed by Alice Cooper. This was Hollywood Vampires before Hollywood Vampires the band that Cooper also formed many years later. Wiki entry about the drinking club. ----> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hollywood_Vampires

Speaking of Ray Davies and The Kinks, my next door neighbor's kid just started playing in a rock band as a guitarist. He's a freshman in high school. A few weeks ago I could hear his band rehearsing from their basement. As I went out to get the mail, the song they were practicing was The Kinks, Victoria. That beginning riff was so noticeable it brought a smile to my face.

And now for today's photo. Fred & Kate & Cindy & Ricky & Keith aka The B-52's. Because why not?

A special shout out to my kick-ass friend Marla from Georgia who was recently diagnosed with skin cancer. She is a huge B-52's fan. She grew up watching their live shows in small clubs and bars when they were only 'Georgia famous'.

Farewell is offline   Reply With Quote