Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 05:28 PM   #1793 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I just kinda tend to find a chair to sit in and just be there for a while and it's awkward and stressful but hopefully there's beer in the house to take the edge off (cause otherwise it can be almost physically painful how awkward it is to just be in that environment with nothing to say to anyone for like thirty minutes at a time) and then move to a new place to hopefully not attract attention for a bit, rinse, repeat. If there's something barely watchable on TV to absorb a few family members like a football game so that I'm not conspicuous in not saying anything to anyone for long stretches of time then that's a godsend but otherwise it can be pretty torturous. I mean there just aren't other members of my family who are on my wavelength and if they are they aren't speaking up (obviously) and they don't come to family gatherings. Maybe some of my cousins would be better to talk to since they aren't from big talkative families but my oldest cousin is a decade younger than me and most are in high school. No wonder my youngest uncle, probably the closest to me in personality generally only shows up at the tail end of gatherings and is gone within an hour.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote