Music Banter - View Single Post - first indie band? what was yours?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 11:21 PM   #62 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ lol. That's my method too, Neapolitan: five mins research, then act like I'm an expert

Thanks for the examples, and thanks for distinguishing between indie pop and indie rock, which I failed to do - let alone those sub-genres you found, like "cuddle core".
That was all accidental. I didn't set out to make a distinction between indie Pop and indie Rock. I was just repeating what I saw them tagged as. The whole thing with "Cuddle core" was to show certain music critics/fans have an infinite capacity and an uncontrollable urge to come up with new genre names. I was just giving an example of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I liked the first clip, which I thought had a touch of the Beatles about it.
I guess it would be fair to say that to some extent Wire were The Beatles of indie Rock.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote