Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Musician Photos
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 11:34 PM   #411 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ That's interesting. Yes, super-project would be a better description of what they were up to.
I've seen where they refer to them as "ACNE." I've been listening to the album: Kevin Ayers / John Cale / Brian Eno / Nico - June 1, 1974. I came across a song that is vaguely familiar. I rather like it.

Kevin Ayers "Shouting In A Bucket Blues"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Such a joyous photo - and terribly sad to think that Claudette was killed in a motorcycle accident two years later, and Roy Jr. (and his younger brother Anthony) were killed in a house fire two years after that. Roy Orbison has had to endure and survive so much tragedy.
^ I was going to mention the same thing, but changed my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
That's a great story, Nea. I never knew that Eno acquired the EMS synth at The Factory. I believe this was the same synth Eno gifted to Bowie in 1999. It was on display at the "David Bowie Is" exhibit which I attended in Brooklyn a couple of years ago. Eno gave it to Bowie with a note reading, "Look after it. Patch it up in strange ways - it's surprising that it can still make noises that nothing else can make."

There was a local guitar store that had a EMS that looked just like that. I forget what they were asking for it. It had some problems, something on it was broken. However I often wonder worth getting. I wish I knew more about it at the time. It's the fish that got away. Anyway, I can coax similar weird sci-fi sounds out of my Korg Monotribe like Eno could make, but it would be nice to own EMS.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote