Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #4811 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...l%3f0p19G=2870

Although I don’t think Ant supports being able to destroy wetlands just because some of it is own your property.

The thing is Ant, everyone should have a say in how the earth is treated not just the people the government claims owns it. We all have a stake in the well-being of our environment. But again, I don’t think you disagree with that. I think your beliefs are too often mischaracterized on here.
I don't disagree with it. It's just when I look at how people treat gravesites, taxpayer-funded facilities in cities or how if you leave your car alone long enough somebody breaks into it, I just think it makes sense that people would want to own at least some property.

As far as the "environment" goes, I think that's a different discussion. Even the act of sitting here and posting has some negative impact on the environment. Fundamentally, we are destroying the environment just by existing, no? Needless privatization is bad, but I don't think you'll ever have a society where anyone wants to forego ownership of some things at the local level.

Elph likes to take every comment someone says and turn it into a Mt. Everest sized issue. Good grief.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 02-19-2020 at 03:59 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote