Music Banter - View Single Post - Send it! The Disc Golf Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #158 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

I'm signed up for 6 tournaments this year and we're only a month and a half into 2020. I may need to take out a second mortgage cuz I'm doing as many as I can and this **** gets expensive.

Players packs are great and they usually exceed the players tournament cost, but going pro is where the real money's at. I dipped my toes in those waters last year, and judging by my performance then and at the level of play I'm at now, there's little chance of me seeing any of those dollars. So, it's am swag life for me until I get a bionic arm or (ghast!) learn how to correct my form. I've been told that I cut my throwing arm in too close to my body on my backhand throws. I've been messing with forehand throws and getting some decent distance but I'm not comfortable with it. Not like I used to be in the 90's.

Also, last year I did quite a bit of weight training and that will ruin your muscle memory, as it certainly did mine and you can see it in my scores around the beginning of the season. This year, I'm focusing on cardio and core, and there's a ton of good resources to utilize for just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqjlGh8SXFg