Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 03:19 PM   #1897 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m addicted to Xanax and it’s become a real hardship.

I’m not saying it was or was not the right course of action ...

Think hard about it. My anxiety was making it hard to go to work or walk my dog. I would worry for hours without mercy about having to walk my dog. And even with it like that being that imprisoned by my anxiety I still kind of wish I had never turned to benzos.

I’m not giving advice but I do believe you have to pay a very greedy piper with those. They make you so tired and sleepy too. Once you start getting hooked you’re either spinning with anxiety or nodding off. If there’s another path for you I encourage you to consider it. Benzos are not a free pass
x2

Never had it prescribed which makes my experience a totally different scenario, but kicking benzos (and opioids) were a few of the worst months of my life. I think I'm over the hump as this was years ago, but that **** flares up so randomly that I don't ever want to get comfortable enough to go down that road again. You should probably trust your doctor, but definitely definitely ask if there's anything else you can try first.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote