Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 03:23 PM   #1898 (permalink)
Mindfulness
Be aware of the psyop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m addicted to Xanax and it’s become a real hardship.

I’m not saying it was or was not the right course of action ...

Think hard about it. My anxiety was making it hard to go to work or walk my dog. I would worry for hours without mercy about having to walk my dog. And even with it like that being that imprisoned by my anxiety I still kind of wish I had never turned to benzos.

I’m not giving advice but I do believe you have to pay a very greedy piper with those. They make you so tired and sleepy too. Once you start getting hooked you’re either spinning with anxiety or nodding off. If there’s another path for you I encourage you to consider it. Benzos are not a free pass.

As for me I just filled the questionnaire for my next therapist.

Are you suicidal?
Do you have suicidal thoughts?
Do you have thoughts of harming yourself?
Do you have thoughts of harming others?

Like of course if you don’t want to get Baker Acted (Florida’s involuntary treatment) you have to say no but really all that **** - that’s my problem

People who piss me off - I want to ****ing kill them - I’m not planning on it but yeah I’m super ****ed up angry - that’s why I need help - and yes every single day I’m thinking I should just blow my ****ing brains out

If you weren’t going through this **** why would you want treatment?

Because I’m a little sad... I mean ffs

I’m not seeking treatment because I’m sad and angry and fearful - I’m seeking treatment because those feelings are frighteningly strong and disrupting my ability to enjoy life and function.

The entire questionaire was like if you’re suicidal confidentiality doesn’t apply. OK then I guess we can’t talk about it. Pretty easy being a therapist once you get your patients to sign off on being ok.
I wont mention it to her until we meet in March. I dont mind taking another medication everyday, I already take two medications that are a forever situatuon..

its impacting my daily life at school and progress in courses. she wouldnt give me xanax i dont think but possibly ativan or she mentioned klonapin but then said she cant since i smoke weed. well now im wondering if i should just make the switch. wouldnt it be like just mirco-dosing marijuana pills (something I thought of)

thanks for the advice, its as serious as life for me, so ill be thinking of it until I meet with her
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote