Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #1916 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Updates:

Received a letter yesterday that my primary care physician is also "making a career change effective immediately" lol. That's my entire care team all gone in 30 some days.

The good news is I'm meeting my new psychiatrist today (fingers crossed she doesn't cancel before I get there ), and will hopefully come away with a new plan for ongoing treatment because I am feeling like the snail in the well right now guys.
My new psychiatrist used to be a surgeon in Kentucky, fun fact.

Meds are getting changed again, had to break down all my trauma into a succinct paragraph again, lots of talk about things that are available but no bridge offered to get there... apparently my last psych who kept talking about all the support groups to which I could be referred just never followed through with signing me up. So now I have an appointment scheduled with a new therapist, whose only opening for the next 4 months is an 8am appointment at the end of March. Don't know anything about them other than that they are one of two therapists with ANY openings.

They're halving my dose of fluoxetine (prozac) from 80mgs (in September they doubled my dose from 40mgs....) and doubling my dose of venlafaxine (effexor)from 75mgs to 150mgs. Not sure what that's supposed to do but the idea is that the prozac probably just isn't working for me anymore, I've been on it too long.

In summation, I'm no closer to actually getting help now than I was 6mos ago when I went into the crisis program.

Kaiser Permanente is not interested in providing long term mental health care. They want to treat your symptoms, teach you to bandage yourself up, and then get you out the door. Fucking pointless I legit get better mental health care on MusicBanter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote