Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 06:01 AM   #4919 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Sanders gets heat for saying something positive about Cuba.
^ Yes, and what I've noticed is how even Dems are mis-representing what he said as praise for Castro. What I heard from Sanders sounds more like praise for literacy programs irrespective of the politics of the person who initiates them:-

Quote:
SANDERS: We're very opposed to the authoritarian nature of Cuba but you know, it's unfair to simply say everything is bad. You know? When Fidel Castro came into office, you know what he did? He had a massive literacy program. Is that a bad thing? Even though Fidel Castro did it?

COOPER: A lot of political dissidents were imprisoned in Cuba.

SANDERS: That's right. And we condemn that. Unlike Donald Trump, let's be clear, you want to-- I do not think that Kim Jong Un is a good friend. I don't trade love letters with a murdering dictator. Vladimir Putin, not a great friend of mine.
^ Two condemnations of the Cuba regime VS. one praise for literacy, but that is too subtle a point for the simplistic good guy/bad guy loyalties that most politicians promote today.

Bold = good one, Bernie!