Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #7353 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Part of me thinks it's because Words from the Exit Wound was a formative death metal album for me two decades ago when I was first getting into metal as a young teen and it happened to be one of the only Napalm Death albums I could find at FYE and so I bought it and listened to it countless times but it really is brilliant as a perfect midway point between grindcore and death metal and underground metal and well-produced ****. And after all these years it also shows itself to be one of the most perfect and underappreciated focal points of metal at its most immediate, brutal, and catchy. To an extent that this particular album is legitimately unique.

Words from the Exit Wound isn't a perfect extreme metal album in the sense of its accomplishments or even of its quality, but it's perfect in the sense that it captures a sound that I believe could have been perfect in a slightly different universe. But its violence is most definitely just shy of perfect.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote