Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #1576 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
The imperial system is just as logical and useful as the metric system and the metric system is just as arbitrary as the imperial system. Neither of those things actually matter once a communicative standard has been established and anyone who argues that one is superior is a Nazi culture whore incapable of applying their knowledge beyond regurgitation.
Not true. Just cause you say it, doesn't mean anything other you've been dying to call someone a "Nazi culture whore" for a long time now, and you're using Imperial versus Metric wars as means to say it.

Imperial is superior. You know how? Take a cake for instance, cakes taste better with ingredients measured out in the Imperial System than with a metric system. It's true. It's a scientific fact.

You buy orange juice, right? Let's say I buy Imperial System OJ in the 64 fz (fluid ounces) cartoon and you're buying metric orange juice in the 1.75 liter container. I'm getting the full 64 ounces amount of orange juice and you're getting jipped out of 4.82546 ounces of orange juice, cause you're only getting 59.17454 ounces. Now how is metric superior?

Another thing if you're deserted on an island and you had to choose between a 12 inch ruler, or a metric yardstick. What would you pick? You would have to go with the 12 inch ruler. Cause with a twelve inch ruler you can mark out 3, 4, 5 segments and make a right triangle. You can use that as tool to make right angles when you build your hut. If you use metric you'll run into all kind of problems because of irrational numbers trying figure out how to make a right angle out of ten decimeters. Since you don't know how to make right angle with your meterstick you'll be building a crooked hut that will fall apart on you and you'll die from exposure of the elements. See Metric will kill you.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 03-12-2020 at 10:03 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote