Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #570 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
I went and bought apples and drinks, oh no, did I break the new world order to stay inside in fear? I been washing my hands a lot and I already avoid gatherings of 10 people or more.
I heard this thing were the first time wash your hands you wash away the germs. But if you have washed hands and they get contaminated it harder to wash away the germs. I'm guess the logic behind that is that dead skin is a barrier between the germs and your live skin. Wash away the dead skin and the germs cling to your hands even more, so you have to wash your hands twice as long.

Plus using "anti-bacterial" soap is only good for "bacteria," not viruses. Even with ordinary soap some bacteria escape the hand washing so it's also a good practice to use hand sanitizer, which can kill noroviruses too. I don't know how effective it is against coronaviruses.

I noticed while using alcohol "hand sanitizer" it has two adverse effects. One it dries out the skin. Two if it's the gel form, the gel dries on the skin making your hands slightly ever so sticky and your hands end up picking up more dirt, and probably more germs. Is almost like rubbing glue all over on your hands and picking up all kinds of dirt & dust and germs. Yeah, you killed the germs on your hands, but as soon as you start using your hands again you're basically starting from square one picking up all kind of new germs all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
I heard bad things from Italy & Iran
Italy has an aging population, plus it is a small close knit country. It may not of the infrastructural to deal with this crisis. I heard Germany basically flat out banned their doctors to travel to Italy to help.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote