Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #5225 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Ant, if we were to fit you for some kind of clothing, potentially gulag manacles, but of course we're not gonna do that, what size would you need? Just asking.
You first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Based on the volcanic activity, solar activity, and the current stage of the Milankovitch cycles, it would appear that we are not undergoing such cycles. Do you have any evidence of something that's not human activity creating this carbon that's influencing this rapid period of climate change? Or a more specific example of the data that you're looking for? Because we're emitting metric ****loads of carbon into the atmosphere and carbon doesn't just magically appear out of nowhere. "It could be something else that we're not recognizing" is very true, it's an integral component of science, but until you substantiate it with something more than that it doesn't do much to invalidate evidence of man-made climate change.
"Manmade activity is accelerating the process by which we are heading into the volcanic cycle" appears to be the consensus of Nature, Scientific American, etc. The question right now is exactly how much. The "something else" that we don't know is what precipitates entering that cycle to begin with, because it isn't consistent with the current models. That's why I'm not denying that people have an impact on climate. They clearly do, especially the oceans.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 03-22-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote