Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 06:20 PM   #1034 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
If I actually get any I'll thank the Democrats like Bernie that fought to make sure I got it while Republicans whined about poor people getting free money because they think only rich people should get it.

Luckily I'm not really hurting for it, but a ton of people would have been absolutely ****ed if it weren't for the fact that Bernie fought for such good unemployment checks to be included.

You can stupidly attribute all to Trump if you want. Just wipe the **** stains off your cheeks when you're done.
Trump and Mnuchin do deserve credit for the bill though. They were the ones that pushed for direct payments to the vast majority of Americans, not the Democrats.

If the Democrats had introduced the original bill, you wouldn't have gotten jack anyway. I find it rather amusing Trump and Republicans got momentum behind an idea that all the other Democrats besides Yang balked at.

I will say that at least Pelosi and Sanders had the common sense to want to develop the bill into an even better form instead of wanting to kill it outright like AOC and others seemed intent on doing.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 03-28-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote