Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 08:41 PM   #1037 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
AOC and many others opposed it because most of it is focused on giving tons of money towards huge corporate bail outs while leaving the people that will actually struggle with jack ****. You're intentionally ignoring key bits of context to push a dishonest narrative. But that's life being Trump's personal ass wipe.
Lol bull****. The Democrats wanted to give hundreds of millions to the Kennedy Center, National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities, and Corporation for Public Broadcasting with no oversight. How does any of that help "the people that will actually struggle"? At least the hotel industry and airlines have large enough workforces to justify "bailouts" to some extent.

If you want to talk about context, at least get all of the facts straight. I personally think a lot more money should have just gone to individual checks and Unemployment. But both the Republicans and Democrats agreed that certain industries need the bailouts and that a lot of small businesses need the money too.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 03-28-2020 at 08:54 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote