Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 02:02 PM   #5321 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I'm not saying that he missed the boat because frankly, you're right, it would have been seen as a rash decision at that point.

My post was really just to highlight the fact that Mitch claims he was too preoccupied with the impeachment process to give this thing focused attention and that's just strictly not true. All Trump cared about during the months where we should have been preparing was his self image, his re-election, and his short game. He's been gallivanting on Twitter ever since shut downs and people dying started stating that he "knew all along" and couldn't do anything with the witch hunt happening.

If Trump wasn't ALWAYS full of sh*t and actually took responsibility for his actions, I would give the man more of a break because this sh*t was hard to contain and almost impossible to avoid but he literally said, with his mouth, that he "doesn't take responsibility". It's that kind of 10 year old "it wasn't me" attitude that makes me want to vomit because he's supposed to be leading us right now and he only cares about his own ego and his enemies.

He's a sh*t leader and you know it. I'm not talking politics anymore. It's plain as day to see he's a TERRIBLE leader.
I think we can both agree that Mitch McConnell is more of a problem than Trump's communication tendencies. I've been fine generally with Trump's actions since late January to try to mitigate the problems (regardless of what he says: he's adversarial by nature and most of it is just noise).

Why would Trump's attitude make you want to vomit when China put us into this situation? It isn't Trump's fault anymore than it's Trudeau's fault that there are dead Canadians. The POTUS isn't a god regardless of who holds the office. Trump was criticized for advocating potential treatments that showed promise. He gets slammed when he says optimistic things and gets slammed when he says something pessimistic. There's no way for him to win in this particular kind of situation.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote