Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 10:58 AM   #2057 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raime View Post
So, I have a weird question. Does anyone here not talk to people that have been trying to contact them based on the fact you, not them feel unhappy? This person is doing really well for themselves, is happy, graduating from college, and you have nothing to show and are more unhappy than when you last stopped talking to them. Maybe it's shame, or not wanting to bring them down, but it feels wrong to talk to them. I've gotten pretty good at bottling the extent of my depression up so I don't inconvenience others, because no one likes a sad sack, but this person knows me too well to get that past them.
I've done this before. Hard to say how closely our experiences line up, but usually once I get the ball rolling and talk to/hang out with the person that I was avoiding I forget about those worries because I'm enjoying myself. Also if this person is reaching out to you, it sounds like they care about you and would be more concerned about you being down than you bringing their mood down if you did bring it up. They'll be happy to reconnect and might not want to push the subject unless you bring it up first as well, since it sounds like you don't want to bring it to the forefront, but that could change depending on the person and your relationship with them. Hope these mumblings help.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote