Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 07:16 PM   #1464 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
America will kill your mother to sell hamburgers in ridiculously unsanitary conditions as long as the owner gets paid. My hatred for this country is killing me.
Totes agree but I think the difference for me emotionally is that I view the reality of our country and reality in general as a surreal approximation of a real universe that everyone around us transforms into whatever universe they need in order to make it through the next day while ignoring what makes their lives inconvenient. I view your view of this universe as a dark inverse of this where you interpret everything around you in a way that allows you to feel all your hatred and bitterness. I don't know how I view this universe but it's probably closer to your view than most of the people around me. If there's a difference I think it's that I welcome the surreal nonsense reality even if I can't handle it just so that I can high five it while losing my mind.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote