Music Banter - View Single Post - Dream Theater--Greatest Metal Band of this Era
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 05:49 AM   #193 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Show me ONE quote where I haven't respected someone's opinion.
Whats the point?... I'd have a pretty hard time trying to pick one out of nearly 500 posts of the same ol' bullsh*t.

Quote:
Never recall saying that I was a grammar king, just that it's better than yours.
Dream Theater still blows.

Quote:
I think I've said this about six times already but here goes again: spelling has NOTHING to do with grammar. And I've never misspelled a word, perhaps I've made a few typos here or there. If I went through all your grammatical and spelling errors...let's just say I won't because that'd be too easy and embarrassing.
You misspelled Kurt Cobain on the guitarist poll.

Quote:
I disagree. "Dumb" isn't well defined and your status and winning the Nobel prize doesn't necessarily mean you have a more valid opinion than the next person, it just means that they're relatively knowledgeable.
Yet you having better grammar and apparantly having a music degree makes you smarter than me.

Hypoooooooooooooooooooooooocriiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

Quote:
I think everyone bar you knows about my sarcasm by now. And all the time? I don't be sarcastic that often in regards to that. I also noticed you like generalising a lot, speaking on everyone's behalf; "no one."
Exactly which are the sarcasm parts, the being a well paid critic/music grad part?... Haha very funny, can you leave MB now?... Pretty please, with sugar on top.

Quote:
See, there you go again! How many times must I compare our musical knowledge?? I'm a musical graduate, I compose, I play many instruments (drums, keyboard, trumpet, sax, etc), and even if you knew every rock band in the world and the entire history of music and whatnot, this means nothing compared with actual theory.
I play Guitar/Banjo/Keyboard/Harmonica... You dont see me bragging.

Quote:
lol, you remind me of a friend of mine who couldn't be convinced that 0.9 recurring is exactly equal to 1. *waits for DontRunMeOver's disagreement* LaBrie's range IS approximately 4 octaves, and you WERE slightly wrong with SOME of your figures, some I wasn't sure and some I never argued about (e.g Buckley, Mercury). I have the music sheets with me, why should I tell you such and such sings such and such note when you'll probably just say “you're lying” like you often do?
NO I WASNT WRONG.

Which is why i would say Tates was somewhere between 3 and 3.5, regardless i know for a fact his is higher than LaBries, like Hendrix mentioned earlier, he has problems reaching lower notes.

Quote:
Rudess being the most skilled keyboardist in rock is a strong belief of mine from studying many many many keyboardists.
You need to study Keith Emerson a little bit more.

Quote:
It is irrelevant for me to say why I think he's the best to someone like you who dismissed my opinion immediately.
Point is, you dont even go into detail to explain why he's the best, other than his music degree, and you say it like hes the only musician out there with a highly trained musical background.

Quote:
I said he was the best, you called me an idiot and named some others. That's where the argument was, it wasn't whether If I could tell you why I think he's the best because that's irrelevant; you already dismissed my opinion and called me a moron, there is obviuosly no good reason why I should elaborate on points to people like you. If someone made a thread saying who do you reckon is the best keyboardist in rock and why? Then I'd give a lengthy response if I felt like it.
You're copping out.

If you cant explain to me how John Petrucci is better than Shawn Lane or Lenny Breau, then you have little reason to remain on this forum if you cant have a reasonable debate, which is what forums are suposed to be for.

I don't give examples??? I always list several tracks to help with my points.

Funny, i do too, but you always laugh them off maybe without even having heard the songs i mention, which is ok when you do it, when i do it, its bad.

Quote:
Moving on, I never said Pertuci was the best guitarist in rock, I hate when you falsify my statements. I'd probably go with Vai, or Mäenpää.
I swore you did, anyway you said i couldnt name 5 better, and i named 30.

Quote:
No boo-bear, I'm sure they don't all think I'm a moron and a liar (again with the immature generalising).
Yeah, you're very well liked on this forum alright... Cheeseman, Murder Junkie, Bungalowbill, Crowquill, Urban, DontRunMeOver, Right-Track, Jibber, Mosesandtherubberducky, PerfectionThruSilence and LesPaul43 especially.

Quote:
When an interesting thread comes up about theory I'll have a go. Which is what I did recently with DontRunMeOver's thread. Again, I never once seriously boasted, I merely listed my credentials when you insulted my intelligence. Aren't I allowed to defend myself from incorrect accusations without actually proving it? I don't see a point in proving anything to people who insult me. I know in your mind you feel it's necessary, but unlike you, I'm not arrogant. Jesus, if I was arrogant I'd make a thread listing all my achievements (I hadn't even discussed my novel writing until recently) and upload my 70+ compositions and tell you all how good they are. I'd post all my professional reviews and show you all the mag and site I work at and how much I pwn. I'd probably even post a picture of me because of how good looking I am, etc. Even when I'm not trying to be sarcastic it happens, damn.
I have seen you bring up your musical background while arguing with others, admit it, you express the same smug atitude to everyone you argue with, including the posters who are nowhere as agressive as i am when it comes to arguing with a obnoxious rodent like yourself.

Quote:
mmm, I mostly review prog-metal artists, but I write some negative prog reviews. Correct, I haven't done that many - it's in the teens I believe.
Any non prog metal prog bands?... Not including ones with members of Dream Theater.

Quote:
Prove what? The evidence is right there, I don't need to sift through where we first started fighting do I? I think you know it's the truth.
You made the very first blow when you first came to this forum and mocked my musical taste and credibility, all because i dont consider DT mighty prog gods like you do.

Quote:
That argument was half a joke around and half serious. The serious aspect of it was my hate for TMV and that is all. I don't remember jumping to conclusions about you...
You kept making remarks about how i knew nothing about prog, and you didnt even f*cking know me, you still dont know me, but you came out of nowhere and criticized me, and i didnt even freakin' remember you from being on this forum, why?... Because you just joined, and you were already insulting people, primarly me.

Quote:
Thanks, it was meant to be funny if I did that, but I didn't. As for my "self gratifying" comments, I'm starting to think sarcasm isn't in your vocabulary.
You brag about being a critic all the damn time.

btw, i find it odd that you once said to me that you had written nearly a hundred reviews, yet now you say its somewhere around the teens... Funny.

Quote:
I like how you ignore the rest though, haha. Well you didn't explicitly say it but you said something like "I know more about prog than you...why? Because I'm Dr. prog dammnit." That, for me, translates into “I know everything about prog” in a sort of condescending way, certainly not a literal way. My little scenario wasn't of course entirely literal.
Point is, i was someone who actually enjoyed listening to prog, real prog, so yes, i do think i would know more about it than you do, since you dont even like prog rock in general... Because you know some prog metal bands dosent mean you're instantly a prog expert, especially when you are pretty closed minded to the genre as a whole.

Quote:
Alright, now i'm 99% sure this is all a joke.

I mean c'mon! "Your mommy dropped you on your head as a baby?... How sad, lol."

??????
Thats certainly something you would say.

Quote:
Maybe you have dreams where you DO actually pwn me. I never said anything like that or any of the others on your list (besides “roflol”). I've said 'wrong' though, what a crime. It's hard to come up with a word besides wrong when I'm talking to you most of the time though. When you've been wrong I do sometimes try and explain why you're wrong, but then you just insult me so I don't refer you to links or whatever, it's more fun when you look it up for yourself and then go silent which has happened several times.
Me, and every poster, including yourself, has pwned your ass at some point in time, and when i say one point in time i mean everytime you post and someone responds.

Quote:
And also, you said:

"Like if i actually factually proved you wrong at something, which i have done more times than i can f*cking count"

You know you have never factually proved me wrong, blah blah blah blah blah.
I proved you wrong about LaBries vocal skills (or lack there of), i even got a friend of mine to register here just to help make it official, and his case was pretty solid, i'm right, you're wrong, the end.

Quote:
PS: for next time, it's 'an' argument, not 'a' argument.
Its Kurt, NOT Curt.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote