Music Banter - View Single Post - Dream Theater--Greatest Metal Band of this Era
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 07:09 AM   #198 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
The point is that there is none. If there were nearly 500, wouldn't that mean it would be extremely easy for you to pick one? lol
No, because you are an asshole on every single one of them.

Quote:
I said it made them relatively knowledgable. Don't you understand what that means? It doesn't contradict with the fact that having a musical degree most likely means you're more knowledgable in music than one without.
Tell that to Paul Mccartney.

Knowing you, you probably do think you know music better than he does, i would like to hear some of your brillant work, i bet it pwns everything The Beatles has ever done.

Quote:
That's because there's nothing to brag about. You probably wish you were more competent in music theory, which isn't to say I brag about it, I'm just assuming your character by your arrogant traits.
A lot of great musicians have trained themselves without the need for deep knowledge in theory or sheet music, Flea cant read sheet music, nor can Steve Howe... And they are two of the most well respected musicians in their field.

Quote:
Actually Hendrix never dismissed my claims.
Oh yes he did, he explained vocal skill quite well, and hes a classically trained singer, which probably gives him more knowledge than you on the subject at hand.

Quote:
I already explained this. And when did you explain why Emerson is the best? It's extremely hard to do and like I said, I would in a different context.
Have you heard Tarkus, Karn Evil 9 or Take A Pebble?... Or anything off Pictures At A Exibition?... Im willing to send you some tracks, i'll also throw in some Wakeman just to be a good sport.

Quote:
Everything's about proofs with you isn't it? What you don't get is that I don't care about trying to explain something to you that you're just going to tell me i'm wrong to anyway.
Well, if it looks like a duck.....

Quote:
Putting words in my mouth again I see. This doesn't make sense, I never said you didn't list examples (which seems to be your point). Me laughing them off means I find them to be bad examples. In other words, our opinions differ, get over it.
And thats exactly how i feel, we're just not on the same page, thats all.

Your page is the ignorant, pompus buffoon page.

Quote:
So are you saying it's a fact that those 30 are better?
What you dont understand is that skill can be accurately measured, and i talk to guitarists all the time, including music students, most of them could name 30 better guitarists, and i named the ones that get the most praise from musicians who consider them better than Petrucci.

I just know they are more talented players, more versatle, better at improv and much more creativity to compliment their skill and craft.

Quote:
Last time I checked there were 10,091 members of this forum, and I'm pretty sure those examples don't make up that number. And I don't think cheeseman or DontRunMe over hate me that much. And I don't even know Jibber, so I'm guessing that's wrong too.
Ok maybe not Jibber, Cheeseman hates you though, i can garantee that.

Point is, all those 10,091 posters are not regulars, the regulars in general hate your guts.

Quote:
No you haven't because it never happened; I never used my background as a point for my arguments.

You have already used it in this post so far.

Quote:
Yeppy. Only small ones though.
Names.

Quote:
Simply not true. It all started with me saying TMV aren't prog like you said previously, don't change your story. The DT thing came way after, and you're the one that obviously started that one when I listed them as my fav band you took a shot at me.
You took a shot at me for saying they are not prog, then i took a shot back at you for being such a fanboy...Thats how i remember it.

Quote:
I might have said that I don't consider TMV to be prog and tried explaining why, but I didn't make any insulting remarks except possibly for ones as a laugh. And don't reverse/steal my point about you not knowing me please.
Point is you were already attacking me and you didnt know me...I have rights to take shots back, my shots are just more agressive than yours.

Quote:
I actually haven't. Just because I have pointed it out when you insult my intelligence it doesn't mean I'm bragging.
Tell that to Crowquill, he had to endure a lot of crap from you.

Quote:
Hundreds? Yeah I guess I have written that many unprofessional reviews for critics, friends and on forums, etc. But not that many where I was paid for them though.
Thats not what i remember.

Quote:
I think I've said it before that I've studied almost every single style of rock and have listened to them all thoroughly. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I know nothing about it or haven't listened to it.
If I was close-minded, why do I have so many prog albums? I have all PF's, all Yes', all KC's, Genesis, etc, etc.
Listen to Yes's Schooldays and tell me they're not better than Dream Theater.

Quote:
So you came up with one example and I wasn't wrong. You PROVED me wrong? How? by listing numbers that you could have just made up?
They were numbers that Hendrix noted to me on AIM.

Quote:
Nicely done with the proof there. I was actually closer to a proof when I said I owuld scan the pages which shows LaBrie's highest and lowest notes. When you see them you'll probably say "it's wrong." Moreover, how can you possibly know that LaBrie doesn't have a four octave range? Even if he didn't record it, it doesn't mean anything...obvious but valid point that you've missed.
How do you know?

It hasnt been heard on record, i recall that Hendrix has heard most of DTs material, as have i, and i dont hear this amazing range, if you can prove it, dont be reluctant.

Quote:
It's 'an' obnoxious, not 'a.' And that wasn't my typo anyway, it was a tiny little typo with his last name.
A typo is a typo, you're a hypocrite.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote