Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #5773 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
There shouldn't really be a global leader, but that doesn't mean that the role copies and pastes their governmental structure into every country. They should let local governments operate and step in when there's human rights violations.

Ja I'm not down with literal global totalitarianism thanks. The largest military force in human history isn't even enough to accomplish global order, doesn't seem like the best approach or maybe it's not even possible.
Taking both of your posts into account with the response.

1. I don't want a global leader either. But we're going to get one. I don't personally see a reality where that doesn't happen. It's always been the case, and I don't see when it ends.

That said, if we're going to have one, this is better than the alternative reality.

2. I 100% agree with local authority ruling assuming there's no super-state authority involved. In the US our States frequently punish one community over another through funding mechanisms and educational benefits. If we find a way around this, and it's a competition for residents based on policies, then yes. 100% agree.

3. The military thing goes back to my first point. I'm not "down with it" but I'm also not down with having to have a job. Unfortunately, this is the time in which I'm alive.

4. Again you're welcome to your opinion. That's fine by me, but so we're clear I don't know how I would have demonstrated any moral position, and I certainly don't think I'm better than others for one reason or another.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote