Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 01:32 PM   #5778 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Taking both of your posts into account with the response.

1. I don't want a global leader either. But we're going to get one. I don't personally see a reality where that doesn't happen. It's always been the case, and I don't see when it ends.

That said, if we're going to have one, this is better than the alternative reality.
It ends with global resistance to the tyranny of a global government. The US is destabilizing global order more than anything, just because they're the status quo doesn't mean that other leaders would be worse. It takes a Messiah complex ingrained with psychopathy to become a global leader, and if anyone who attempted to become such a leader was rejected instead of embraced because someone could be doing the same thing but "more evilly", then maybe we can actually do away with a disruptive police force.

Quote:
2. I 100% agree with local authority ruling assuming there's no super-state authority involved. In the US our States frequently punish one community over another through funding mechanisms and educational benefits. If we find a way around this, and it's a competition for residents based on policies, then yes. 100% agree.
Incentivizing cooperation and disincentivizing unhealthy competition is one of many approaches for this.

Quote:
3. The military thing goes back to my first point. I'm not "down with it" but I'm also not down with having to have a job. Unfortunately, this is the time in which I'm alive.
A global military status quo actually sounds like a great reason to reject it and the idea that it's the only way that the world can function.

Quote:
4. Again you're welcome to your opinion. That's fine by me, but so we're clear I don't know how I would have demonstrated any moral position, and I certainly don't think I'm better than others for one reason or another.
Then don't call em stupid!

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote